Difference between revisions of "Aiuto:Contribuisci/en"
(Creata pagina con "The wiki uses the translate extension, whose documentation can be found at [https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:MyLanguage/Help:Extension:Translate this address]. To start...")
(Creata pagina con "<pre><nowiki> <translate> ... content ... </translate> </nowiki></pre>")
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
Revision as of 18:40, 15 December 2018
But before moving on to the instructions, an exhortation, don't be too scared by the possible complexity of things, and if you find yourself in trouble let go of the advanced syntax and details, and go ahead writing simple text or inserting images without too many complications, to become an expert takes time, and you are not alone, others can help you to complete or refine what you have undertaken. A possible starting point is to go on with the pages just sketched, collected under the page "To be finished".
Finally, do not hesitate to ask the administrators of the site (with the address in the contacts) or on the forum associated with it.
A good starting point for writing pages with MediaWiki, the software of this site, can be found in the help pages of WikiPedia. It seems useless to rewrite here what is already treated in an excellent way there. For this reason as an introduction to the syntax of the Wiki we recommend reading the following pages of their Tutorial that illustrate the main operations that can be done with this site:
Beyond the general indications applicable to any type of wiki managed with the MediaWiki program, for the structuring of the contents of this site have been adopted some general conventions, which must be followed in order to allow a proper use of the content.
In particular, these concern the methods of insertion and classification of files and the characteristics of the pages of the site. A list of the pages containing the relevant instructions is as follows:
- Help:Upload a file, general instructions on how to upload a file always read before the following
- Help:Upload a photo, specific instructions on how to upload a photo of pens
- Help:Upload an advertisement, specific instructions on how to upload an advertisement scan
- Help:Upload a patent, specific instructions on how to upload a patent document
- Help:Upload a calligraphy book, specific instructions on how to upload a scan of a a calligraphy book
The same number of specific conventions have been adopted for the management of the pages relating to brands and models, so please consult the pages:
- Help:Brands Pages, instructions for creating a brand page
- Help:Template Pages, instructions for creating a template page
- Help:Biographies, instructions for creating an author's biography page
Photo and scan indications
When you have the opportunity to photograph a pen, to illustrate its characteristics, it is advisable to take multiple images; in particular, we recommend the following poses as often as possible:
- Capped/Closed: the pen with the cap closed
- Posted: the pen with the cap on it and the nib esposed
- Open: the open pen with the cap on the side
- Inscr: all the inscriptions and imprints on the pen
- CapSection: close up for cap and section with the nib in evidence
- Ends: the head of the cap and the tail of the barrel
- Extracted: for a safety provide photos with the nib extracted as well as retracted
- FeedCap: the feeder and the back of the cap
For scans of advertising or miscellaneous material remember, when you can know, to note down the following information:
- date of publication
- newspaper from which it is taken (if advertising) including year, number, volume and page if possible
- artist/illustrator, if any
The wiki uses the translate extension, whose documentation can be found at this address. To start translating a page, you must first mark it for translation by inserting it in the tags:
<translate> ... content ... </translate>
il relativo contenuto, a questo punto si otterranno i link per marcare la pagina per la traduzione e si potranno iniziare le traduzioni (la pagina verrà divisa in paragrafi e la traduzione avviene attraverso l'interfaccia fornita dall'estensione). Si devono tradurre in questo modo soltanto le pagine delle marche e dei modelli, per le altre pagine la scelta può essere diversa, in particolare per le immagini si è fatta quella di scrivere le note in più lingue (al momento solo italiano ed inglese) mentre per le pagine di vocabolario che hanno un termine in lingua originale, si è usato direttamente quello.
La traduzione del menù laterale (sidebar) è riservata agli amministratori, le relative istruzioni, molto succinte, sono riportate in questa pagina.