This page contains the chronology for the year. We summarize in this page all the relevant events regarding fountain pens that happened in 1898. We also list, if present in our database, any patent applied in the year, and also the ads or document scans which publication date is in the same year.
- Conklin Pen Manufacturing Co. is founded by Roy Conklin in Toledo, Ohio as Self-Filling Fountain Pen Company
- Alexander Castell renames the A. W. Faber in A. W. Faber-Castell
- The Parker Pen Company patents the slip-on cap
- Günther Wagner - Pelikan introduces the Pelikan 4001 inks line
- Patent US-D028838, applied in 1898, by Le Roy C. Fairchild, Unbranded. Design for a pencil-case barrel.